When your libido decreases, there is a good idea to know the causes why your libido low before you buy a libido enhancement supplement or visit to your sex therapist. By knowing the factors that cause your libido low, you may be able to solve your libido low problem without need to use libido enhancement supplement or consult to sex therapist. It will save your money, is it right?
In this health article, Why Women Lose Libido?, we will share some common causes of women libido low according to a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and also author of Sex Matters ®, Dr. Louanne Cole Weston, PhD. Dr. Weston describe that there are 10 of the most common causes why women lose libido, not passionate, and refused to have sex. Here are the 10 causes why women lose libido and sex drive according to Dr. Weston:
Ten causes why women lose libido
- Stress. Stress that occurs as a result of work, environment, family, financial problems and other problems in life can cause why women lose libido. Most women do not use sex as a solution to ease the increased stress level.
- Antidepressant drugs. The use of antidepressant drugs for the majority of women can cause women libido low.
- Lactation. For women who are in a period of breastfeeding, prolactin can reduce sexual drive. Prolactin is a hormone that triggers breast milk production. It causes why women lose libido in lactation period.
- Lack of sleep. Although it does not occur in all women, but most women prefer to sleep than sex before having sex with men.
- Contraception. Pill consumption and type of hormonal treatment to control pregnancy (such as an injection, patch or ring) can cause women libido low, although this does not occur in all women.
- Conflict with your partner. Conflict with your partner will greatly affect a woman’s desire to make love.
- Low testosterone. The testosterone hormone in woman’s body is a crucial factor on women’s sexual function. Low levels of testosterone hormone will obviously have a big impact on sexual function in women as a whole and in the end it will affect the woman’s libido. By measuring level of testosterone, you can find out possibility of physiological causes that make women libido low. You can read our last health article; Nutrients to Increase Libido Naturally for your reference to solve this problem,
- SHBG. If number of SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) is high in the female body, it can be a cause why women lose libido. SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) is a protein that binds testosterone and can inhibit the function of this hormone. Inhibited the function of the hormone testosterone will lead women libido low.
- Anxiety in intimacy. Women who are not able to control the level of intimacy that comes and maintained in a relationship can lower sex drive. The anxiety usually occurs because a woman has a bad experience in the past and it can be a cause why women lose libido.
- Appearance / body shape. Women who consider themselves not attractive either for themselves or their partners could lose confidence, in the end it will causes why women lose libido.
After you know ten causes why women lose libido from this health article, we hope you can take further steps to solve your low libido problem or your partner before consult with a sex therapist or consume libido enhancement supplements.